Sunday, December 12, 2010

12-12 meal plan

Sorry I have been MIA. Last week other people supplied meals for me! All of them were excellent and I hope they will be sharing their recipes with me so I can share with you. I think you can become a follower of the blog and you will automatically get an email when it is updated, instead of having to come back here and check (if anyone even is). For this week:

Stuffed peppers (recipe below) and garlic mashed potatoes

Turkey, swiss and pesto sandwiches (surprisingly good, cook like a grilled cheese) and fresh garlic fries

Spinach Gnocchi (http://weelicious.com/2008/08/19/spinach-gnocch-wee/)

Leslie is bringing chilli Monday night

Tacos



Stuffed peppers or cabbage

1 pound ground beef (you are not going to be draining the fat so I would get the healthiest available)

1 pound ground pork

2 onions chopped

1/2 to 3/4 cup uncooked rice

Tony's creole seasoning (don't have to use, just adds a little kick maaybe 1 TB+, Neal prefers a half cup!)

1 egg

2 cans tomato soup (more if you prefer soft peppers)

1 head of cabbage (boil covered to soften about 30-45 minutes depending on the size) OR 4-5 peppers of your choice (cut in half and clean out centers)

1) Cook the rice as directed

2) Separate cabbage if using it and cut off the thicker parts (you have to be gentle during this process)

3) Combine beef, pork, onions, cooked rice, seasoning and egg

4) Stuff halved pepper or stuff cabbage and roll

5) Cover with tomato soup

6) Bake at 350 for about an hour. Sometimes I cover, sometimes I do not. If you don't keep an eye to make sure the cabbage is not burning.

7) I have seen people put cheese on top of the peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment